Best poster award contest is opened to students and researchers (postdoc, research fellow, research scientist, etc.).
For a poster to qualify for the Best Poster Award, a student or researcher must be the first author and the presenter of the poster presentation.
To participate in best poster contest, please indicate in the check box "participate in the poster contest" when submitting the poster abstract through the submission system.
The posters shall be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Professional Merit (40%)
- Contribution (40%)
- Presentation Quality (20%)
The Best Poster Award winner will receive a Certificate endorsed by ICNP 2016 committees and cash prize.
Dimension of Poster: within 90cm (W) X 120cm (H).
Tapes and pins would be provided in the conference.
Professional Merit (40%)
- Creativity and originality, as reflected in new insights, interpretations, facts, innovations, methods, applications, etc. (stimulating, informative, enlightening, etc.)
- Scientific and professional quality of the research work. (competent, valid, replicable, etc.)
- Societal or scientific/technical significance of the topic or problem investigated or expounded (universality, urgency, impact, etc.)
- Usefulness of the research work to practicing Nanophotonics professionals (applicability, scope, problem-solving, etc.)
- Relevance of the topic or problem to the interests of Nanophotonics science and technology
Presentation Quality (20%)
- Effective organization and presentation of concepts, facts, arguments, etc. (structure, logic, persuasiveness, etc.)
- Use of clear, concise, comprehensible, and jargon-free language in communicating with judges